The Standing Committee for Youth Justice coordinated a series of amendments and briefings with the Children’s Society, Liberty, JUSTICE and the Criminal Justice Alliance (CJA) for the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Bill.
The amendments, organised by each individual organisation, covered a range of issues including:
- Imprisonment as a sanction for breach of a CBO and Disperal Order for under-18s
- The change to the definition of anti-social behaviour to “likely to cause nuisance or annoyance”
- The lowering of the burden of proof to “balance of probabilities”
- The naming and shaming of under-18s
- The lack of discretion granted to judges when considering eviction proceedings
Each of these topics are covered in the below briefings.