SCYJ is hiring a Policy and Communications Assistant to play a key role in our small policy and communications team. The role will support the work of the busy organisation with communication, research and administration duties, and have the opportunity to gain experience of policy work and parliamentary campaigning.
The purposes of the job are:
- To be a champion of the rights and wellbeing of all children and young people involved with the youth justice system
- To bring ideas and creative communications skills to SCYJ’s policy and communications work
- To engage with our members and the wider sector, including children and young people themselves, to inform our work and share practice
- To help SCYJ stay up to date with policies and practices that affect children involved with the justice system
- To be part of the SCYJ team and collaborate with the SCYJ Board and members
We welcome applications from people who have:
- Commitment to social justice and bringing about positive change for children and young people
- A genuine interest and understanding of the issues affecting children involved in the youth justice system
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with people from a range of backgrounds and develop collaborative working relationships
- Persuasive and creative written and visual communications skills, and experience of producing written materials for different audiences
- Familiar with digital media, including using social media channels and ability to produce content for website and use survey software
- Experience in MS Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to explore and understand large amounts of information
- Strong administrative, organisational, time management and prioritisation skills
Further details about the SCYJ and the role can be found in the recruitment pack, available here.
To apply, please complete the application form, available here, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday 8th March 2020.
You are welcome to attach a CV to your application if you wish, but this is not a requirement of the application process. Applications will not be considered without a completed application form.
We will invite successful candidates for interviews on Friday 20th March 2020 in central London. We hope the new appointee will start in early April, though we can be flexible on start date.